Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 21:26   Link #567
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think the translation is correct, and can think of three reasons "NASA" might conceal the truth. One, to avoid public panic in a case where no-one can do anything anyway. Two, the whole thing was NASA's fault, and they are madly trying to both conceal that fact and do something about it. Three, that there is more to it than the report writer knows, the Sun will not actually explode, and his information will cause completely unnecessary panic. In fiction, something happening at a particular point on a heavenly body can imply aliens, so maybe we should consider that, too.
Oh man, mentioning people trying to fix the sun is making me flash back to Sundiver, although I barely remember the plot of that by now since it's been too many years since I read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I found an interesting article regarding the sun magnetic pole issue. This is from NASA itself!

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news..._currentsheet/

Anyway the bottom line is
that we have a really weird giant ball of hydrogen floating nearby that's the reason for life on Earth? Awesome, was not expecting to learn some actual science as a by product of a Science;Adventure game. xD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote