View Single Post
Old 2012-08-21, 19:56   Link #240
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
As a general rule of thumb, you should never discount the possibility of aggression from people who worship Khorne

I'd be a bit surprised if beings of Rory's were hyper exceptionally rare in the fantasy world though. The refugees seemed to have familiarity and respect towards Rory, without seeming awestruck like she was some kinda legendary figure. To me that suggests beings like her aren't that rare in this world.
I don't know about that. Just because her strength is awe inspiring doesn't mean most people are going to be always awed by her. I mean the little kids for instance didn't recognize her as anything special. Also we don't know anything about her God yet so calling it Khorne just because it's a "God of Darkness" and it's apostle kills people with a giant axe is kind of bad?

From what we've seen the reason those bandits were "invited" to be killed was due to their own actions which implies the God is something like once people cross over a certain line they are free to be culled but as long as they don't cross that line they're safe. The fact that Rory is going along with and helping the JSDF could be seen that they aren't close to crossing said line which also means it's unlikely the other apostles would think differently.

Also going back to my first point, maybe the people aren't as awestruck by her because they know they have nothing to fear from an Apostle of Emroy? I mean let's say you see an Apostle or something every 5 years(time variable, this is just an example) and you know nothing will happen to you if you live a good life, eventually you're not going to really pay too much attention to their visits or traveling because you'll know you're safe because you've done nothing to attract specific attention. Those bandits understood immediately what was going to happen to them upon seeing Rory so they were terrified, a normal farmer or villager would have no reason to be scared.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote