View Single Post
Old 2012-11-12, 01:40   Link #3145
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Remember when Nixon declared some narcotics were now illegal drugs? Do tell me how well has that worked overall.
what does that have to do with international law? did I miss the memo where countries started adopting the US's drug policies?

Quote:
I am not saying they do not have some pretty nice hardware and very profesional personnel, but do tell me how strong the USA military would be if we divide them into division tied to every state and controlled by each governor.
What are you trying to get at? what does that have anything to do with your claim that European militaries need training wheels? Would the combined strength of the various nation's military be stronger than a singular one? Of course, it's simple math, but British military serves Britain's security and interest, French military serves France's, and German military Germany's, they don't always align, in case you haven't noticed.

Quote:
I have heard that "sovereignty" speech in my own country so many times my ears could bleed, here and there it is just an excuse for politicians to keep their power cliques instead of doing the greater good. Britain, France, Germany, Spain, etc. will not loose their national identities if their economies, their laws and their governments merge, they have their own language, culture and history. But raising the sovereignty flag is just an excuse to keep living in the 20th century.
....I'm at a loss for words.

Are you seriously saying that the various european countries should cede control of their military to a central EU government, but nothing else would change, and everything will just keep going as if nothing happened? really?

Let me ask you something, who is going to say no to the EU govt if it decide to impose a particular law or policy? or if it decides to enter into a war? What are the member nation going to do? ask nicely?

Seriously, please point out a single country on the planet that has some other governing entity controlling their military. It's ok, I'll wait.