View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 07:59   Link #37365
novalysis

It might just become my Vacation Break Project....

One of the main obstacles is actually deciding on a name for Male Nanoha.

I'm currently looking at either Namihiko or Namito, but does anyone know why Nanoha was called Nanoha to begin with, and whether that name has a male equivalent?

I actually drafted up a story-plan about a year ago, but I think I lost it.

Anyway, on the table, I'm not going for a full genderbent. However, I have seriously considered switching Hayate and Yuuno's genders, while keeping Fate's gender constant.

The other option is to go the Negima Route, and make everyone Female save for Nanoha, and even make Yuuno female. But then, that'd turn it into a Harem Shounen. Let's see. Arisa, Suzaku, Fate, Female! Yuuno, Hayate....

The final option is to simply keep everyone's gender constant, except for Nanoha, who is male.

Other initial considerations Include:

How does Nanoha end up with Arisa and Suzaku as close friends? It's still possible, but the whole dynamics of their friendship would have to be looked into. Of course, there's always the possibility of Male OCs, or making Arisa and Suzaku male.

Take the traits of Nanoha. Stubborn, a Strong sense of righteousness, Highly Independent and self sufficient , Out to Befriend someone, mature for her age, quick to grasp concepts, etc, and genderflip them. The scary thing is, it's very easy to write Nanoha too much like a "smart" traditional Shounen hero, especially after you minus the fact that Nanoha rarely "worries", in the Negima sense of the word.

Also, will a Male Nanoha receive combat training by the time he receives Raising Heart? Will a Genderflip make it more likely that a male Nanoha would be trained in some of the Takamichi's fighting styles?

A ten year old male Nanoha might be a little embarrassed by Fate's outfit....

Not to mention that character dynamics between Nanoha and Chrono, Nanoha and Yuuno, and Nanoha and Fate would also be different, but that's the point of a Genderflip anyway.

Anyway, next week, once I'm freer, I might try to come up with a kind of Pilot Chapter regarding this concept. Tbe Muse is strong here, and believes it just might be willing.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-11-28 at 08:20.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote