View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 14:53   Link #28245
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
EP3 makes it clear that the characters need to act in ways that match their personalities, and that there must be some evidence in the story for why they do what they do. Otherwise, the characters are controlled by "magic", and Battler's game against Beatrice was unwinnable from the start.
Yeah, it implied that Ryukishi always had an idea of what the pieces were actually thinking and doing before throwing magic on top of it. Problematically, there are a few instances where Yasu seems to go "Fuck it, why not." Furthermore, in the same battle this comes up in, Battler was forced to provide an explanation, even though he was able to use the Devil's Proof to avoid explaining stuff just like this mere seconds ago. Specifically, he said he didn't have to explain how Eva could kill multiple armed adults on her own. At the least, Virgilia says that "Why did Person do X?" is a tactic Beatrice herself isn't in the style of actually using, and Clair doesn't ask about several crimes that would be under that, so....I dunno.

Quote:
But wait, maybe this makes sense if Beatrice is the culprit and she threatened or bribed Eva. Well, it's clear that Beatrice has gone to great lengths to hide the time of Kinzo's death, and Eva was very obviously trying to expose this lie after the crimes were discovered by everyone. Unless Beatrice has suddenly decided that she'd like to screw Natsuhi over, Eva cannot be acting on Beatrice's orders. Remember, the whole point of Beatrice is to stop the blame from falling on any human, so making Natsuhi look like the culprit is impossible for her.
Well, if we take Our Confessions by it's word (though the theory has certainly been around longer), part of the bribing is a little playacting for the atmosphere. Yasu instructs Eva to do the reciept trick so an impossible seeming trick is created,and it creates informational noise. Eva goes along with this because she already suspects Kinzo is dead, and "Screw Natsuhi. That wench."

Quote:
If someone like that claims to be the heir to the family's wealth, and then says that she'd like to pretend murder the family members, is it really likely that Eva would believe her? Especially after getting a very clear look at all the corpses with their faces literally smashed in?
Regardless of whether she believed her, it's possible to threaten somebody into complying, especially if complying ALSO means millions of dollars. As for her seeing the corpses ... I dunno. Maybe she deluded herself into thinking "Yeah, they have to be fake, right?" Or maybe ... well, it's not like she seems to like any of her siblings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
I've always had troubles in believing that someone thought the corpses in the shed were fake. I mean, okay, in EP 2 one might think the intestine on the ground were of some animal and the candies were covering up the holes but in EP 1 you would be required to have 5 perfect fake bodies with faces disfigured.

Though yes, maybe no one would think Yasu would kill for real so, even though they would think 'hey, those fake bodies look damn realistic, if I weren't to know they're fake I would bet they're real', they might be tricked. The same however shouldn't apply to Nanjo... he exhamined them... it's way harder he didn't notice they were real...
Well, Nanjo is all-accomplice, all-the-time, so it's possible to disregard almost everything he says. I mean, I would -really- like to see the conversation where he convinced George to jump out a second story window. XD
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote