View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 14:26   Link #864
desrtsku
Nympholept

Actually, I totally agree with what MartianMage said. There's no actual concrete proof that the system is really as "flawed" as it seemed to be. All the arguments presented so far that defend that statement are based on a mentally unstable criminal's complaints, a completely broken woman's hysterical outbursts and a chaotic chain of events caused by a rookie's unneeded intervention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I know she was unstable but I don't see how putting the guns down and talking to her wouldn't have calmed her down,it worked later on when she had the lighter.
If this one is still about how "acceptable" Sybil's judgement is then I'd say something like this : "It's not like everyone can be appeased as easier as that woman. It might have worked for her but someone else might have burned themselves down, human mind can sometimes be unpredictable. If we look for a 100% success rate without the victim running amok, I think shooting them down when they are in that state might be the best option. But it's just my opinion."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In therm of practicability, paralyzing her would be the easiest way, but that's absolutely not the best course of action, if we take in consideration the context and the potential aftermath.
For some reasons, this part looks like it can be used to counter the "There's no need to kill her since it's just temporary, stuffs" or the "Even if she can kill us at any moment in that state we just need to paralyse her when she starts to take action" theory too. Since by considering context, one can see that woman was about to pull off a Kamikaze ... makes you wonder what would have happened if Akane failed to calm her down or what she would have done after waking up (supposing they paralysed her in that state)