View Single Post
Old 2011-09-19, 21:51   Link #1031
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ep 11 was good except for one thing; the older versions giving an in-depth analysis of the younger version's thoughts. I actually thought it was a pretty horrible way to carry on the episode. Unless there is some kind of complex logic or perhaps some scientific explanations going on, I don't really like this kind of approach. The episode should have been able to SHOW you what they were going through/feeling or whatever without the need of their older selves narrating. I especially hated when the young Yuuji was 'arguing' with the older one about saving Shouko; it was really stupid, and didn't make much sense, since it's not like he had that kind of personality inside of him, not to mention older Yuuji was emotionless while saying it. Why? Wasn't the young Yuuji torn on what to do? There's no way a part of himself would be that rational and unsympathetic at that moment. I really killed the anxiety that young Yuuji was supposed to portray .

Other than that glaring issue, a very enjoyable episode. Both young Yuuji and Shouko were quite cute together =03.

I disagree, I think it's a creative way to present the story as a way to show how contrasting the characters are from the past as compared to them now. This isn't so much a flashback episode as it's a story telling episode from the eyes and mind of the two characters. You're thinking of viewing the story from a third person perspective, but this is a first person's perspective so monologues are pretty much a given.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote