View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 08:52   Link #99
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I had this suspense of disbelief throughout the episode.

Don't get me wrong, I liked how their relationship developed throughout the series and this episode was something I've been hoping for, but the fact that Kurisu didn't have most, if there were even any, of the memories from her previous timelines just sorta deflates the emotional impact of the scenes when she didn't actually go through all those crazy events with Okabe that drove the development of their relationship
But she just said she has those memories during the stairs scene......

It's pretty clear now that nearly everyone retains the memories from the different world lines - the difference is only the degree of how clearly they remember. Okabe with his "Reading Steiner" just remembers them the most clear, but all the other people that Okabe had to erase the d-mails of have their memories intact.

At this point I think it should be abundantly clear since we've seen it repeated in every single "arc" - *everyone* has "Reading Steiner" - it's just that Okabe's is stronger than others which allows him to clearly recall the details while to others it's like a dream or deja vu, that's all. The fact that Okabe gave it this wacko name and claims that its his "ability" seems to have thrown people off to ever consider that maybe everyone else also has it but just not as strong as Okabe.