View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 20:42   Link #4280
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Because the explanation are just a way to give away what, in the end, I can’t really put myself behind as story telling detail. I never say it can’t be explain, I am saying isn’t kind of stellar. And there is no point to say it can’t work in a more open story when we already have an example where a Fate series does give more room to all Master/Servant teams. FSN doesn’t do it for any reasons they might had and they create something good, just not flawed.

The discussion is over if this can affect the routes quality and I think it does. Because you can tell me yeah, Zouken wanted to play bingo during the other routes or he take vacations on Hawaii or was waiting for things to happen on its own, etc. that isn’t the point. He didn’t appear and might as well seem he was just not in there at all. You can’t really go away with the “little hints” if in the end the character was so irrelevant to the previous routes we can pretend he was dead on those. Point being, some characters are kind of waste in other routes. I think it does matter and I can’t really just take it, you can. So yes, we agree to disagree there.
Each route deals with different issues and even has different protagonists, so of course that other characters won't get as much "air time" as they had in other routes. It's not that they've disappeared, but they've become minor characters within the route, so their actions are known through small details instead of major exposition.

Just sounds to me that your inability to read between the lines (or perhaps inexperience when it comes to the VN genre) is having a negative impact on your enjoyment of the game...
...either that, or you've decided to play it after watching Fate/Zero and expected the same kind of storytelling.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote