View Single Post
Old 2013-07-24, 15:09   Link #81
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, I didn't like Byakuya either. He only became "decent" after chapter 4, and he is at least "useful" during the trials.
Fuyuhko OTOH is basically Mondo fused with Byakuya, without any of the latter's good points thus far: acting like he is the boss and keep trashtalking all the time. And exactly because he didn't exactly do anything during the first chapter, his behaviour is hardly called for hence why I have trouble to even get interested in him.

Well, personally I didn't really find Kuzuryuu so offensive in the first chapter. Rather than acting like he's the boss, he more or less just kept pushing people away from him, much like Togami did in the previous game's first half (which, interestingly enough, the fat Togami even vaguely references at one point). Still, I do find it interesting to see some folks who are more critical of the more tame characters like Kuzuryuu and Koizumi (the latter being almost TOO normal) over the more extreme ones like Ibuki or Nidai.

Oh, and as far as the Souda/Hagakure comparison goes..... well, at least Souda has a super talent that's actually useful.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote