View Single Post
Old 2007-12-26, 23:10   Link #94
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm surprised at how understated people's reactions ITT have been to the timeskip. Let's not pull punches on this. The timeskip was f***ing terrible.

It really felt like a case of: "suddenly... without warning... and they all lived happily ever after". Sorry, no, I don't buy that. Not messed up characters like these. All of these characters were still at least some distance from being resolved. Do we really buy that Sana and Nanaka have recovered from their suicidal depression just because they have each other now? I don't... relationships between depressed people are rarely totally healthy. Do we really buy that Hoshino will quit being manipulative and obsessive just because she was caught at it once? No way, this is something that takes time and, in many cases, proper mental health treatment to overcome. Do we really buy that Shuusuke and Shuuri running away from their family will lead to happily ever after? Hell, I don't even have to point out what's wrong with this. In fact, that's would have arguably been the most interesting thing in their story: how they cope with life after running away. But, no, instead the audience is asked, begged in fact, to assume that it's all happily ever after for them... and everyone else as well. C'mon. Give us a break.

The rest of the ep was much of the same melodramatic soap opera plot twists that we've gotten used to from this series, so it's not really worth commenting on. But the ending... ugh... just terrible. Most people cry at endings that are good. I almost cried because this was so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Nanaka's past did surprise me a bit, as i was not expecting her "father" to be the arsonist ... i don't really understand why Nanaka's mother ended up marrying the guy if she had a relationship with the violin teacher though (unless it was a one night stand or something along the lines) ... perhaps i missed something due to lack of subs, but the situation does not make that much of a sense for me, at least for the moment.
Makes for more drama that way. Hell, when have any of these characters acted in a way driven by reason?