View Single Post
Old 2009-02-01, 07:56   Link #243
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I find that I'd be incredibly bored with this series if it was twice as long...

Sure, it would probably feel better executed, but this way they're able to create a complete story in one season.
As always I disagree with you.

Good anime can be executed without being boresome even if it is longer. being longer it gives more depth to the character (of course if the time is used on characters and not on fanservice, like in ZnT or other similar 'depth' animes).

If the length determines if you are bored or not then just go watch short clips (like one or two minute length) as I think those would be thrilling experience for you.

Of course going too long is a problem but not with the characters that Toradora has. If this would be a 48 or 36 episode season it may have been much better than now as simply then the depth of characters could be displayed properly as their development instead of rushing things.

Can't say that Toradora does bad thing all together given the ridiculous disproportion in episodes and amount of volumes it should cover, but it certainly could be better with more length.

For me the best example of long but still great anime that does not rush things and still maintain to be interesting/amusing is spice and wolf.

Sometimes it may look like things are stretching but the two great main leads and their verbal dancing with each other make it very great experience to follow.