View Single Post
Old 2011-10-17, 02:37   Link #946
Mirena

It has been a while since I checked this thread and I figured that it was about time to pop in again.

Last time I was having some problems with lack of information for writing something, but I noticed that there have been some more posts that seem like they should be helpful. (That and I managed to dig up some stuff I yet have to read.) Still haven't made any progress on my fic though, and it expect it to be slow. Perhaps I'll attempt one about something else on the side.

Regarding fanfiction in general, I have a few questions. What is the general stance on improbable what-if-scenarios? If find that they can be quite entertaining if done well - in the rest of the cases you're usually left with a train wreck.

And how do you handle headcanon? At least in my case, I feel that when being fond of a series for a while, you see things differently. You'll have your assumptions, little things that seem natural inside your head even though there is little to no basis for them, things lifted from various places, fanfiction perhaps. So in a way it feels like the original gradually is twisted into a much more personal interpretation. How much of this is it "okay" to add? Do you enjoy when an author goes all out and adds their own flavor? Or is it merely annoying?

Last edited by Mirena; 2011-10-17 at 05:40.
Mirena is offline   Reply With Quote