View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 18:37   Link #42
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Changing one law, does not rewind human evolution, unless of course you believe that this one law is the sole reason for human progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That's because you only brought up one: software.
If you ignore music, films, smartphones, the internet... yeah only software remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And truthfully, I'm not sure it's even an exception. Without patents and copyright, the amount of man hours poured into the development of new stuff may well fall.
I suggest that you see how the linux kernel development process works, since I can not go into any details about what we did in a company I worked to avoid the wasted man-hours of archaic software development relying on the secrecy promoted by copyright and patents, and let's not forget that copyleft software development not only produces high quality software, it also finds us the developers good jobs, helps students do something productive during their studies, and generates a shit-load of money in several ways to companies of all sizes not only the few oligarchies that have the funds to abuse patents

What seems unintuitive to mainstream practices is not by default dangerous and risky... it can very well be effective and ground-breaking. Radical solutions (abolish patents) can be better than conservatives ones (stop reselling them) and both certainly better than not solving a problem (keep patents as are).
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote