View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 12:28   Link #1367
Midonin
Last Engage

Love Live Life 12 - Blue Bird

I'm... not sure how I feel about the development in the most recent episode. I understand that the titular Love Live was always more of a symbol than a plot point (kinda like K-ON!'s Budokan), but this whole Kotori thing feels at odds with the tone and message of the rest of the show up to now. The first half of the episode, with Honoka's sickness being a minor setback at best, was okay. There were more jokes at Nico's expense, some mutual friend-groping and the show's narrative goal was achieved. Maybe they didn't reach the Love Live, but could promise to make it for the next one now that their school will support them even more. This plotline... it's not like it wasn't built up towards, but Nozomi says right out that μ's is best with nine, and the show spent most of its running time building them up. Separating so soon after forming just feels off somehow. Depending on what they do with the ending (it's not like I'm going to let an ending somehow retroactively "ruin" a show for me), this can still turn out well, but it's simply not the plot direction I would've preferred, that's all.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote