Thread: Ep.5 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-03, 23:07   Link #38
musouka

Well, my main thing is that I don't think it was a situation where it was like "OMG! I have to snap you out of it this very millisecond or it's obvious you'll die!" I mean, yeah, it's very possible he could have done something rash, but I think that was offset by her simply being there.

I wouldn't have minded her getting physical with him in a comforting way. Such as a hug. Just holding him and being there. She wouldn't have even had to talk him out of his funk. Just allowing him to know that even though he thought his world was tumbling down on him, she would always be there for him would have helped...

Jumping into bed--though I'll be the first one to admit that it probably took his mind off things at that very moment--has not been healthy for him, nor their relationship in the long run. Had she been willing to take things slow and allow both of them to deal with the issues at hand, no matter how long it might have taken, then I don't think they'd be in nearly as much trouble as they are right now.

I do realize what I'm saying would make for a very boring show, though. And it's also probably not 100% realistic either. It's just what I'm throwing out as the ideal way to handle the situation. Also, counseling definitely would not hurt.

The main problem with their relationship right now is that both of them are using it as a means of escaping their problems rather than dealing with them head on. I'd imagine some of it is mutual solace, but they're also not doing one another any favors in the long run.