Thread: Photographs
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-21, 14:27   Link #399
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
Now that I have moved out West, its all rain.
An inch of snow and the city of Vancouver shuts down. ^^;

Common Canadians! Toughen up... It could be worse, you could live in Winnipeg. Now, -31C isn't that bad, really. I've seen mercury drop as far as -53C, adding wind chill put it below -67C. At those temperatures, exposed skin developes frost bite in mere minutes (read:less than 2 minutes). Fightningly enough, that was the daytime high too...

It's sad and strange, but I remember seeing massive snow falls, easily a meter in height, when I lived in Toronto but now the city rarely gets any snow. I've seen pictures from the 60's that show two meter snow falls in Toronto Proper, where as now they're lucky if what little snow they get stays on the ground for more than a week. When I lived in New Brunswick, around the same time as Shadowlord, the snow drifts and average snow falls were huge! While they're still impressively large, they don't quite compare to the days of old. Even in Calgary, where I live now, it's possible to see the difference in snow fall over a 5 year period. Compared to five years ago, we don't get snow, we get a light dusting of some might call 'snow.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
Is it just my perception or will we soon have palm trees here in central europe ?
I can see it happening, there were still trees with green leaves around here as late as November 20th.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote