Old 2007-04-29, 06:46   Link #47
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'm going to take the opposite view here
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore View Post
I suggest a car-name thread based off of all the new characters who are also based off of cars. Extensive list can be found here:

http://nanoha.the-triad.org/notes/general.html
Sounds very interesting. If you are still reading the thread, feel free to submit the opening post in this thread, and I'll create the thread. Oh, and sorry about such a late reply.
I'm not sure if this is enough of a topic to actually discuss, beyond listing the names and references that is.

I don't object to the thread but it might be more sensible to give the thread a wider range such as Popular and Cultural References in Nanoha. This way the thread can cover any modern reference (such as the use of car names for the characters) as well as any cultural context (such as the use of different languages for the devices). I'm sure there must be some Sci-Fi and Fantasy refernces in the series as well as real-life settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Mods, I was thinking that since I noticed that a "create-own-character" thread already exists (at least, in Gundam Sub-forum) can anyone of you create one for Nanoha sub-forum? It should be partially related to the fanfic thread since it may contain materials of the Nanohaverse that are fan-made.

Thanks.
I've some doubt about the merit of the thread topic you are seeking. While I can see how Gundam section of the forum can get away with such topic with so many possibilities of gattai to explore upon, I don't see how this kind of thread will fit into in the Nanoha section. If you have a convincing opening post in mind for the thread, then post it here by all means. We will decide then if the topic deserve a thread or not.
I think this is a good idea and has scope for discussion. Using the existing magic/technology from the series should supply enough variations to be able to "design you own character". The only downside is that it may become a "talk but not listen" thread where people post but not really discuss the suggestions made.

So, it seems there is some support for both ideas (from different Mods ). As monir suggested, make a convincing opening post here and if it emphasises the right qualities then we will split the post off and create a new thread. Please try and encourage discussion so they don't become "write only" threads