View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 21:20   Link #26
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am guessing you have not seen many live action films from Asia then. What I have seen is very limited myself but check out the classics from Akira Kurosawa, Yasujirō Ozu, & Kenji Mizoguchi.

As for modern Japanese film I have not seen it yet but I have heard very good things about Departures which won best foreign film at the Oscars.

Outside of Japanese Cinema I really liked In the Mood for Love and Yi Yi both are considered two of the best films of the last decade.

Like I said my knowledge is really lacking and I am sure someone else can come up with even more great films/directors from Asia but if the only films you like are horror than I think it's because you are missing out on some great stuff.

edit: Of course I am not saying if there was an FMA live action film it would be in the caliber of the above. I highly doubt it.
Classy classy! I have not seen many Asian movies that fall outside of the horror genre either. The one I have good memories of is "So Close" because of the song they used during the action scenes (Close to you by the carpenters) and because the movie was OK.
Altho I have to say that I have my own definition of horror, in other words, I don't consider serial killer and gory movies horror mostly because they don't scare me. Sure it is impressive to watch a movie about a killer torturing or hacking someone to pieces but that is not something that will keep me from having a good night sleep. Supernatural horror movies on the hand .. oh my
But back to "live action movies"... I know they made a live action movie for the series "NANA" - I haven't watched the series or the movies so perhaps someone who has could tell us what they thought about it? - It is very likely I won't watch either because my heart is rather weak to relentless emotional attacks.

To this day I have yet to hear about a live action movie which is on-par with its anime counterpart, which is why I wouldn't be too fond of a FMA live action movie..

BUT... I guess a live action movie doesn't sound too bad when you consider the alternative ..... cough cough .... "Hollywood"
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote