View Single Post
Old 2004-01-16, 14:13   Link #22
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Quote:
The story of Kare Kano is that it is Anno Hideaki's last anime series (he's the one who thought of doing Ebichu, but he didn't direct it; he has been doing live-action films since then). He got into a dispute with the producers and quit the show around ep. 14. If you noticed, that's where things get loose around the edges and you start seeing a lot of recaps. I kind of like the end of the series; it just seemed like how life is, there are always people out there getting to know each other and finding their own way to get along.

The manga is still running. It is licensed (http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?...ategorycode=BMG); vol. 9 tells the rest of the saga of Takefumi x Sakura (you also get to see the the play!).

I am sure/I fervently hope that GAINAX is not going back to Kare Kano; they are too busy cranking out EVA strip typing games and stuff like Mahoromatic, which I dislike (although plenty of people liked it just fine).
I see yeah I noticed lots of recaps after some eps.... No wonder it feels like something is missing in the end =(

I just started watching Mahoromatic yesterday, just finished ep. 6 so far I like, and god... That teacher is annoying in the show... But its all part of the comedy/action^^

Thanks