View Single Post
Old 2007-04-24, 09:28   Link #5
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Sola 03 with Doremi's fansub. Their timing is off for the karaoke for the OP, at least for the h264 version which I went for. I will inform them accordingly, if able.

Anyway, nice little 'my pace' slice-of-life episode where little happens, apart from the character development characteristic of any plot written by a KEY writer. Therefore, my thoughts on Episode 03 will be on the lighter side as well;

1) At the start, Yorito mentioned that the electric stove, water heater and air conditioner all broke by themselves. Although the obvious cause is apparently Matsuri being a graduate of the 'kick it and it'll work' school of mechanical repair, I'm starting to think there's more to it than that. In fact, I think it's the foreshadowing as to why Matsuri claimed Yorito will learn to hate her; the fact that machines break down easily around her seems to be a manifestation of her 'quick-rust' powers, at least to my reckoning.

2) I must be spoiled by KyoAni; Nomad's 'normal' animation quality seems to pale by comparison.

3) Aono sheds her (Yuki/Mai/Rei) demeanour rather quickly; she's still mostly silent, but at least she isn't as good as hiding her feelings than the aforementioned girls.

4) Again, I wonder how come Glasses Man has enough funds to feed Rozen Loli at a fairly high-class restaurant, yet doesn't have the moolah to provide the latter with something better than a cardboard box.

5) MEIDO!!! They've been strangely prevalent today; I saw a couple of them handing out flyers outside Orchard Road MRT this afternoon. Talk about a little bit of Japan coming to Singapore, and now I see Mana in her meido uniform.

Damned that I didn't have a camera today....

6) Oh, speaking of Mana, apparently she's stacked, and her meido uniform shows that to good effect.

7) Judging from their reactions when Mana suggested they were father and daughter, and judging from the kind of things Rozen Loli said, chances are Rozen Loli is somewhat like Matsuri as well. Which means not only do they not age, but apparently they're both stuck looking the same way forever. No wonder Rozen Loli needed Glasses Man around; she'll probably never grow up, if my theory is correct. What a bummer.

8) Requesting animated avatar from 08:37-08:41 of the Doremi sub of Sola Ep3; Matsuri doing her little 'detergent advertisement' thing with eyes alternately closed and open. Too cute.

9) Speaking of which, I just had a thought; where does Matsuri get the funds to buy all that cup ramen?

10) Requesting animated siggy from 11:50-11:55 of the Doremi fansub; SD Matsuri, Koyori and Aono castigating Yorito in his imagination, ending with Aono pulling out her knife. Find a way to add in the words they said, and stick my nick somewhere in there as well. I'm a fan of giving bishoujos sharp, pointy things too.

11) Matsuri really is simple-minded.
Speaking of which, I'm losing the Kaede-vibes from Mana, but now I'm getting from Mana and Matsuri the same vibes that I got with Nayuki and Ayu in Kanon 2k6.

Alright, then. Awaiting Ep04.
Brought over my thoughts about Ep03 here.

Well, won't say much more than this, so I'll throw this an 8 for the time being. Nothing much happens, so this is as high as it can go, but that's not a bad thing in itself.