View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 21:17   Link #72
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
He's not allowed to pressure anyone,and that's not speculation,he's said it himself.

So who knows,maybe if he could he would.
And maybe if he could force everyone to be MG's, he would. There are a lot of things he might do if he could, but we don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
"Just a bit of urgency" ...

I remember you said you liked facts. FACT is that he called over Kyoko in ep4. FACT is that he's been with her two times where she indicated that she intends to kill another MG without trying to dissuade her from doing so. FACT is that he didn't even bother to tell Sayaka that she's in danger.
No, there is no evidence he called over Kyoko. Another possible explanation: He put out an ad saying, "Hey, this area is open now and needs an MG." Kyoko answered it before he could cancel the ad with "Sorry, taken now, just made a contract!"

But hey, if I wanted to be like you... FACT: he hasn't stopped Kyoko because he's using her to make Sayaka stronger!

Sorry, stuff like that ain't facts; they're assumptions. Opinions. Guesses. But you're convinced you're right, and there couldn't possibly any other explanation, right?

Quote:
Hey, he has been winning. He just contracted Sayaka, and if it hadn't been for Homura's invention, possibly Madoka aswell. Funny what a string of strange coincidences and "just a bit of urgency" can achieve.
You misread what I meant to say. Kyube can't win with you, because no matter what he does, he's evil. Just like no matter what Obama does, he can't win with Glenn Beck. Obama could create world peace, solve world hunger, and give everyone a home and a hot meal every night, and he'd still be evil.

Damn that evil Kyube, creating Magical Girls to fight witches in order to save people! DAMN HIM TO HELL! He should know what's good for him and go away and stop making magical girls so that witches can have free run on humans!

Listen, dude, having an opinion is fine. But part of having an open mind is acknowledging that you could be wrong, and that maybe, just possibly you should withhold some judgment until he actually does something evil. The term is a loaded one, and I prefer to save it for those that are truly bad. But if you toss it around willy-nilly, then it loses its importance.

Quote:
Homura has never lifted as much of a finger or her voice against a human or MG. It was Mami who threatened Homura in ep1, it was Mami who threatened Homura after she declined the Grief seed (ep2), it was Mami who threatened Homura in the night talk (ep3) and it was Mami who attacked and bound Homura on the way to the witch (ep3). By now, Homura has saved Madoka once, Sayaka twice, along with giving alot of fairly reasonable advice. Facts, not conjecture. What a villain.
It was Homura who beat the crap out of Kyube (but hey, he's evil, and beating the crap out of people you don't like is a-okay!), it was Mami who gave the seed to Homura, and tried to make peace several times, it was Homura who rejected that every single time.

Yeah, some of what you have there is facts, but it's also called "cherry picking intelligence to suit your cause." Last I checked, people frowned on that.

Quote:
I find it hard to understand how you can systematically try to see anything Homura does in the most suspicious and negative light, and yet ignore QB's obvious schemings.
Actually, I don't find Homura too suspicious. I find her interesting. But you've made up your mind to think I do, so I nothing I say about it matters, eh? You see, what I do, is merely consider the possibilities for all angles. I am capable of saying to myself, "Hmm, Homura could be evil, or there could be something else, or she could be just a normal character; I don't know which, so I won't form any preconceived biases." Or "Hmm, could Kyube could be evil, or good, or neutral, but I don't have any real evidence at the moment, so I'll keep my mind open."

You, however, have decided that Kyube is evil and Homura is good, and nothing will dissuade you from that. Kuno is convinced Ranma is evil and has used dark magics to enchant Akane Tendo and the pig-tailed girl, and no matter what action Ranma takes, Kuno won't believe otherwise. That's not a good stance to take, dude. Other people tend to just shake their heads and sigh.

I'll make this prediction: no matter what happens in this series, you'll forever think of Kyube as evil. I won't try to change your mind, and you're entitled to your own opinion; you're just not entitled to your own facts.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote