View Single Post
Old 2009-02-11, 00:15   Link #106
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Toaru Majutsu no Index. The OP/ED makes such a big deal out of her. Supposed to be the main heroine(?).
Yet she just doesn't do anything.
Simple as that. Sure, it's fine if you think she can be this way, but there are Index fans and people just realizing that the great Index appears for 1/4 of the series and still tries to be a heroine in the OP/ED or something of that sort.

And on a more story-focused view, Index isn't any better, leeching off of Touma and biting him instead of giving him thanks or what she should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Still don't see why she has to do more, but ah well i see there's no point in me voicing my opinion anymore on this subject.
I agree. There is no point in her having to do more as she'll prob serve as a reference source for Touma like in this ep. There's at lease one more mage to go so she'll prob be more active then. Plus there has to be a relationship development with those 2 since they are living in the same apartment. She is also suppose to be in hiding. So doing more would be counterproductive to that part of the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Maybe not. The way they've handled Index's character isn't the worst thing this show has done. But she has been pretty much pointless since after the end of the first arc (even in the second arc, she was pretty much a plot device). I suspect it's just a case of the producers knowing their audience. They probably think (correctly) that the audience wants to see more of Misaka than Index. They're just giving the people what they want.
Given that the real fanservicey shots have been of Index and not Misaka, I think that the audience wants to see more of Index.

They've already seen most of Kaori now.