View Single Post
Old 2004-10-17, 02:06   Link #276
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
I can see why a lot of people don't like the opening music; it sounds really erratic almost discordant at first and like your average "spoken" / "rapped" jpop immediately afterwards... however it is catchy and the second time around the chorus starts to grow on you... listen to it enough and you'll be finding yourself actually liking it.

I'm wasn't overly fond of the character designs for the main part -- Ichigo took a bit of getting used to... but there is a good mix of cute girls and chibi-esq moments in the mix to soften the atmosphere, again much like Get Backers. Of course, by the end of the show you're left with what I expect will be the design that carries him through to the end... and he did look quite cool in that outfit.

Which brings me to the premise of the show; for some reason I find it very appealing. All I can think is "cool idea"... although I don't know why, I'm not normally a fan of such shows. I'm looking forward to interesting plot developments. As I said, I've not read the manga... and while I'm not a fan of the genera I still hear good things about it so hopefully I won't be disappointed... given we don't know how long it will be yet, it would be a shame if were to end up like Naruto and become stale. If the style used in the fights so far continues I think I'll be able to deal with it .
I think that pretty explains why I like the opening. I watched it at least ten times because the song was so catchy. I thought the animation really fit the song too. I even made my favorite part of the opening into a gif. ^_^;;

You do not like the character design Nightshade?! How can you? I thought Ichigo looked really good. Not to mention I loved his personality. The fact he is not perverted, and unlike most main characters in Shounen manga, actually has a brain (He can actually do school no problem, and use his brain in fights). Rukia looked strange when I first saw her and almost stopped me from watching the anime. I got used to her looks now though and her personality more than enough made up for her tomboy look.

I finished reading the manga yesterday night (well most of what was published anyway). It was awsome. At the moment I think the anime is pretty good I watched the two episodes without skipping anything, but I hope like you it won't turn sort of boring like Naruto. I hope it won't turn into something I will download but never watch.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote