Thread: Licensed Tiger & Bunny (Sunrise)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 02:37   Link #1743
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Time to review Tiger and Bunny!

It would only be natural for folks to react with skepticism, when we found out there’s yet another superhero anime out there. After all, a lot of the American comic book ones came to anime with umm… mixed results, and now Sunrise will try with their own, original brand of superheroes. And they’re gonna fight for various businesses with blatant product placements?

So it’s fairly ironic, that while the American superhero adaptations were crap, that anime was able to make their own original show about superheroes and make it work. Who would have known? But it is perhaps the fact that is anime original, that it doesn’t have to be bound by the shackles of a source material. The result is a series that succeeds at being comical and being serious, while telling a story about a world that is radically different from ours, but ultimately, also very similar. Telling a fantastical story while bringing upon themes relevant to real life has never been an easy task, but Tiger and Bunny manages to pull through.

Visuals: 8/10
“Drink Pepsi Next!”
Spoiler:

Sound: 9/10
“Next time, on HERO TV…”
Spoiler:

Story: 9/10
“Now comes 100% plot hole free”
Spoiler:

Characters: 9/10
“My parents are dead! Rawr!”
Spoiler:

Enjoyment: 9/10
“Good luck Mode. Over and Out”

Spoiler:

Overall: 9/10

Spoiler for A quick definition of the overall score:

Tiger and Bunny has proven itself to be a great experience. Not only was the concept unique to say the least, but it showed me that you could have this level of consistency and fun and storytelling.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote