View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 22:10   Link #58
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So you never like things that a part of you knows is wrong?

I like overeating, but I know that it's wrong. Overeating at Christmas-time is a "guilty pleasure" that I allow myself. By recognizing that it's a guilty pleasure, I'm less likely to overindulge in it to the point that it could be counterproductive.
I don't consider anime selection to be a "vice" like overeating, which can be objectively bad for your health. There's very little "objective" about what anime one person enjoys vs. another person, nor do I see any need for that sort of a judgement call. If you enjoy it, that's good enough.

Quote:
Well, is there a need for it? There's plenty of non-action scenes that you can put the fanservice in to please people who want fanservice. And then you can keep the action scenes free of fanservice for those of us who are distracted by it.

That certainly seems win/win to me.
Having the two blended together could be a core element of the show's uniqueness. I don't think we should deny a combination of elements just because some don't like this particular blend.

Quote:
Maybe I don't want to acclimatize myself to a world where everyone wears hawaiian t-shits all the time because I don't love them that much, and prefer a world with more clothing variety.
This is the very same straw man that you used the other day. You said yourself that there are plenty of other shows that keep the fanservice out of the serious action scenes. The fact that this show may not is part of the global "clothing variety". So, in that sense, it's better that some shows like this do exist. It doesn't mean all shows will do this (and they haven't so far).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-11 at 22:18. Reason: fix typo
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote