View Single Post
Old 2006-04-15, 15:11   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I have a request for Kaoru Choujo which might be a bit unusual. I read your post whenever I see one with your name on it, so I couldn't help but notice that you appreciate seiyuus and that you like to mention you appreciation for the seiyuus in your sig and avy which, for some reason, doesn't extend further than the female voices. I was wondering if you could make an exception and pay homage to Tomokazu Sugita who is a male. After Shuffle, Honey & Clover, and now this, I say he is worthy of the honor of being mentioned by you and have momentary recognition by your sig + aviator. He is worth the attention and I'm sure you know it as well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of including him as the first male in the hashihime seiyuu gallery, and you convinced me, so he's now there. Mayama and Kyon are both great performances. You'll find Hirano Aya (Haruhi) on the same page of the gallery.

I'm going to stick with Gotou Yuuko as my avatar/sig homage to the SOS-dan, however. I switched to her within hours of the first episode's first broadcast, finally able to honor a seiyuu I've loved for a while.

As for why I concentrate on female seiyuus, it's because they were the first to engage my attention, and there is so much to know about even them that I am hesitant to spread myself too thin. Anyway, I have to admit that my interest is not pure: I'm not just interested in female seiyuus as voice performers, but also as personalities in the entertainment world in Japan.

Here are some caps from the talk on a Honey & Clover DVD between Sugita-san (Mayama) and Takahashi Mikako (Yamada). Sugita-san is long and lean (5'10", 125 lb.), has done Shaolin martial arts, and loves his Honda Steed 400VLX. Everyone please feel free to use these caps however you like:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-04-15 at 17:29.