Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 16:34   Link #8233
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Agreed WCS EU improved dramatically, the casters, the studio, and fun events they did, like having White-Ra, MC as an analyst, and interactions with the crowd. Overall it was really superb.

I really hope WCS NA steps up. I think they should move the studio to west coast instead of being stuck in NY. For personal benefit NY is better as it is closer to me, but the location is just limiting the potential for WCS NA. If they were to relocate to west coast, they can get casters like Day9, Husky, Incontrol, TB, and others. And I think the west coast is more likely to attract more crowds and probably cheaper studio.

And at this point I gave upon idea of region locking. I think growing WCS NA and EU might be more beneficial. Comparing to football, English Premier League has tons of foreign player and doesn't have great English players compare to the numbers of great foreign players. But the league overall is strong and attract attention from all over the world because of the quality. So as long as events like WCS EU put up a great show, I think Starcraft 2 scene will be able to grow tremendously.