View Single Post
Old 2013-06-30, 07:18   Link #57
Helius

Strictly on the animation side, it's a really shabby thing Wits is doing, skipping frames like that, not to mention unfinished colouring (purple bricks lol). They might as well put on a picture show through and through like they've been doing since the beginning and it would've actually worked out for the better.

I'm not gonna be an apologist for the staff shortage/tight schedule the studio is suffering from 'cause they're teaming up with Production I.G afterall. They have nobody but themselves to blame for poor planning and inadequate work allocation. While it's possible to skip an episode or two to alleviate the workload, this is probably not an option for Wits since, unlike a 1-cour show, they've committed themselves to 25+ episodes so I reckon they cannot afford to mess up the broadcast schedule lest they end the show abruptly. A re-cap episode on top of what's already there at the beginning of each ep is already pushing it 'cause it means they'll have to pack the story in tighter from now on, or skip entire scenes/arcs which will probably enrage the audience even more.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote