View Single Post
Old 2004-04-09, 23:56   Link #23
avmoghe

Um, there was a reason why I said "by the end of the series".

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that, by the end of the series, Lee will have surpassed Neji by his determination

Naruto is the PERFECT model of showing determination. How many times has Naruto suddenly remember "oh crap if I die, I wont become hokage" or "oh crap if I die, someone will die"? It is always his determination that ends up saving him.

This show, like many other shows, does attempt to show that anything is possible as long as you're determined enough. Yes... they might run into some obstacles.. but by the end of the series, they will have reached their goals.

Yes, Lee is crippled right now.. I admire the creator for doing that. He will TRULY deserve my respect if he KEEPS Lee crippled for the rest of his life. However, I'm quite sure he doesn't have the balls (for lack of a better word) to show that. I'm sure Lee will be back again fighting... given the tone of the series.. its quite obvious.

As for Hinata.. there is no reason for her to surpass Neji... she didn't want to beat Neji very much. However... as for the Sasuke vs. Naruto and the Lee vs. Neji rivalries... its quite obvious to me that the non-geniuses will end up prevailing over the geniuses. (due to hard work (lee), or determination, will power(naruto).)

I don't know if I can blame the creator for being so predictable, however, since it IS supposed to be a kids show.
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote