View Single Post
Old 2011-08-26, 15:20   Link #78
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
....About episode 21. When Okami-san said that the heritage of the inn won't go to Enishi and Takako, I thought why not Ohana then? Satsuki is clearly not interested and has chosen a different path. So in the lineage the next would be Ohana.

She's still young but in a few years she may be ready, she certainly doesn't lack enthusiasm and determination, and has already proven to be a good Shijima woman. I wouldn't discard this option so quickly. That would also be the infamous "OhanaxKissuiso" kind of ending.
Agree with the bolded text above - but for some reason I feel that if Ohana did in fact take over the Inn she might be more willing to help out (although to what degree I do not know).

I feel that Satsuki's resistance to the Inn is more a mother/daughter war than anything else (although this may be my imagination). Then again Satsuki's ability to surprise both with her being an insensitive, self-centered jerk and a delightfully perceptive and gentle soul steadily surprises me. I never quite know what to expect in her reactions....

Anyway I always kinda assumed that even if Ohana did not shoulder the position of leading the Inn herself that she would stay on at least.