View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 13:05   Link #73
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well it kind of goes back to the same thing in real life; people get frustrated over something they couldn't change. My guess is that most of us here are lonely people who are looking for someone to agree with us as we think differently from the mass of bread and circuses, thus we have that negative feeling when someone posted something that does not sit well with any of us.

After being around for close to half a decade, all the way from the end of high school, I had offended quite a few people on this forum initially and still manage to turn them into good friends (I still remember Vexx who took offense at my perception of "old people" ). There are always people in life who are frank as sausages and speak their mind, while there are sensitive ones who are always thinking of others' feelings as they speak. Why get yourself unhappy because something written does not suit your taste? I prescribe a treatment that will guarantee to make you feel better :

1. Read at a post you deem offensive.
2. Gather all your hatred into your fist
3. Punch the screen while shouting "HADOKEN" or "KAME-KAME HAAAAAA!". "ZETTAIIII.......RY-OU-I-KI!!!" works too.
4. Wince at the pain then realise that it is not worth it to ruin a potentially fine day, and move on.

When someone else is hating too, don't take their side and be an anti-cyclone. It is only a post; if nobody else is posting something to shift attention away from the topic, be the one.

Within the forum demographic, there are always regulars who each have their own style and trait of posting. Several I have whom I have identified are :

Seijisensei - grandpa
Vexx - secret agent dad
Mangatron - the local god of perverts
Eroking - the robot pervert
TinyRedLeaf - the grammar nazi
Ascaloth - Socrates-reborn
Leoxiao - the Russian with a taste for older women
Archon Wing - the prosecutor of flippant thinking, kuudere buddy of Reckoner *
Reckoner - the aggressive ace attorney, buddy of Archon Wing*
Kyuu - the fox of cloud 9*
synthanasic - the lesbian
Sumeragi - the big-sis monster
Paranoid Android - a pervasive, mistrusting walking dustcan (I always have an urge to kick it, but I am afraid it will bite my leg off)
MrTerrorist - the spokesperson for the pro-yaoi terror organisation FFLF (Fujo Fudan Liberation Front)
Xellos ^_^ - the lover of anything soft and squishy
Meotwister - the doctor who plans to get his license so he can treat lolis the way he wants
Roger Rambo - a heretic traitor of the God Emperor who worshipped the Idolmaster girls instead of the Emperor of Mankind

....and the list goes on. Their style is a reflection of themselves, be more accepting because in the freedom of speech, everyone gets to post the way they want to. Et tu.

* - Of course, I also realised that the names I have marked, alongside Demongod86, are regulars for the game of SC2, and are also frequently complained against for their "offensive posting". Is there a plot against SC2 players, or is this a small part of a greater conspiracy regarding the ongoing war between Japanese and Korean pop culture, where these people are marginalised just because they enjoy SC2?

All of us here had alot more in common than we realise. So why the hate when we can find a similar stand to take?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.