View Single Post
Old 2008-08-22, 11:47   Link #16513
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
This is it? This is the uber-hyped megadoujin everyone's wasted all their time gushing about for the past few weeks? Because I am not impressed in the slightest.

Where's my Nanoha vs Fate smackdown? Subaru and Mach Caliber getting another Crowning Moment of Awesome is all well and good, but I was expecting an epic slugfest between Blaster Mode Nanoha and Sonic Drive Fate, not a pithy little catfight with Caro/Erio/Subaru having to save Fate's ass at the last second when Fate hasn't even started to get warmed up. And Hayate not only continues to get shafted as a combatant but gets painted as the villain who freaking instigated this whole thing. That's called character assassination, my friends, and I do not appreciate it being applied to one of my favorite characters.

Truly Utterly Epic Fail. That is all.
Comar, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean its not good. You said you expected an epic battle between Nanoha and Fate but i don't recall the author ever promising something like that. You yourself believed in the hype and when you saw the doujin, you found it lacking but is that the author's fault or yours?

Also we don't even have a proper translation of the story yet... and this is clearly (To me) not the entire story. Please remember that the first few episodes of Nanoha S1 wasn't that good as well (in my opinion) but after Fate came in, it quickly turned better (also in my opinion).

A doujin is in essence a fanfic and what I seen so far is totally plausible. Sure there are a few plot holes mentioned, but I would like to see at least the entire translation before labelling it a failure or not. Like a lot of things, there is too much unsaid, too much unknown.

Lastly calling it an epic failure is way beyond rude in my opinion Comar. If you think its really that bad, perhaps you should try your hand at making a better story.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote