View Single Post
Old 2008-10-23, 09:55   Link #10
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Actually, Toradora looks to be a 25-episode show (two cours, but one season, so no breaks between them [except maybe the week of Christmas...I've heard TV Tokyo tends to take a break that week or something]), based on the number of DVD releases planned (8), the number of episodes on the first DVD (4), and the prices for the different DVDs (~¥7,200 for the first DVD [regular edition, at least], and ~¥6,300 for the remaining seven [also regular editions]; with a value of ~¥1,800 per episode on the first DVD, it would be a fairly good assumption that the episodes on the other DVDs would be worth about the same, and if you divide ~¥6,300 by 3, you get ~¥2,100, which is a price difference of only about ¥300, so it's likely that the seven DVDs after the first would have three episodes each. All together, that gives you 4 + 7(3) = 25). As the DVD releases are only spread out by about a month each, I doubt there will be a very large break, if there is one at all.

Also, in case my use of the tilde sign in front of the yen symbol is confusing to anyone, I was simply using it to indicate that the values are approximate; I don't know if it has any actual significance when combined with the yen symbol.

(Oh, and here's the link to the DVD release page)