View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 00:04   Link #6227
Seiryuu

This does certainly seem like things are coming to a head and are likely to conclude relatively soon. Probably a few surprise twists and sudden crises to go before the climactic "battle", but it looks like a home stretch. This may be for the best, depending on Wakaki's plans. I feel a good story should have a conclusion in mind; otherwise it starts to either grow old or break down completely. If Wakaki has more arcs in his story that's great too of course.

I must say though that Keima's behavior with Chihiro is a little annoying. Even Elsea would be able to figure out that leaving things like that with Chihiro is likely to wreck the chances with Ayumi. Not to mention Chihiro's setting up to be a good candidate for the true final love interest, especially with her not only being the one conquest he didn't try to conquer but actually having fallen for him even before then. Frankly, he botched things up royally, to a point I suspect it may actually take the truth to pull through. My prediction is that Vintage will make a move and thus force Keima to spill what's really going on, or spill it for him.

As for Chihiro's behavior, it's not surprising to me that she immediately put on a happy face when she saw Elsea; and she seemed to sort of take on that happy demeanor when she saw her, like it's an act perhaps. She's just the sort of girl who buries her pains and pretends everything's ok. But Keima definitely hurt her a lot, literally ripped a gaping hole in her heart. Of course, girls with holes in their hearts have been a common subject.

I have some suspicions about Chihiro's future part in the story. Since she's not a goddess host, I suspect that she'll be repossessed with this new emptiness. And just like there are heavenly beings of immense power like the goddesses, there were probably some leaders in Old Hell that were similarly fearsome. A full heartbreak would be a great and massive source of negative emotion, and it wouldn't be hard to imagine Vintage deliberately forcing such a powerful being into her, which could make her one of the biggest conquests of all. It'd be kind of fitting for Keima to finally have to face and "conquer" someone whose possession he had personally caused.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote