Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 21:07   Link #2077
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
If it is their fault then sure I'll take back what I said and I'll apologize if you want. If it is their fault.

So far no one has proved it's server-side or even that they've had an authenticator attached beforehand. They just don't want to live up to their mistakes.
You missed the point, squarecrow. This is not a blame game where you can decide whether the customer is more at fault, hence shift the whole responsibilities onto them and avoid losing face/ reputation etc. The whole point here is what each party can do to prevent it happening or to mitigate the damage in the first place, and whether Blizzard set up their priority in line with customers.

Blizzard decided to provide the game on online platform (even when the whole thing can run offline) to run their DRM and cash auction houses for a should-be offline game. They themselves created and increased the risk of customers getting hacked (comparing to traditional offline game), so the gold farmers can dig in and make the profit from some other kids' dad Master Card. And they also know that they can't prevent people from going into 'random websites' or force them to have a series of net/computer protection. Murphy's law and such

So they should have counter-measures to prevent and mitigate the damage themselves. Let's see how Blizzard deal with it first. But similarly, BP can't expect the worker to not blowing up the oil drill , and hence does not have any safety measures for deepwater oil spill because "the contracted worker should know better". Or the government just legalise weeds, abusive drugs and expected "the customers should know better"