View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 13:36   Link #59
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I totally disagree with the 2 i put in bold which you basically said but still why even include them? (although i'd probably add haku and possibly zabuza). just because we saw kabuto and sasori's backstories doesn't mean that it was a redemptive outcome. just because there was a reason behind a villain's actions whether it's an identity crisis like kabuto or losing his parents like sasori, it's not any form of redemption. telling sakura about the spy was just a whimsical statement that was ultimately a shot at orochimaru who was sasori's enemy. that's not redemption. and i'm not really sure what to say about edo-sasori since that was just a bad storyline all together. we've also seen deidara, hidan, kakuzu, kisame and danzo die as villains, flashbacks into their earlier lives or not, they weren't redeemed. it's kind of a wash with villains being redeemed or not.
I did forget Haku and Zabuza, thank you for reminding me.

That being said, I was indicating an expressed sympathy on my part for Sasori and Kabuto as redeeming the characters for me rather than a strict redemptive action. To put it another way, by Kishimoto providing some context for their actions I was able to view them not as simple bad guys, but rather characters that due to flawed histories performed evil actions (this was especially true of Kabuto). So, while they did not have a strict redemptive moment, I do feel the were "redeemed" as characters if for no other reason than they became somewhat sympathetic and understandable.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote