View Single Post
Old 2009-06-25, 06:26   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Uhm. I apologize for confusing them, but she seemed mighty similar (see pic), and we don't see her introduced by name.
So basically Rika is Hanyuu's own great-great-great (x insert appropriate number) -daughter if I understand it correctly, right? The first female daughter among the consecutive 8 of the Furude daughters (while normally Rika is the 8th) is related to Ouka somehow somewhere in the past, and Ouka is Hanyuu's daughter.
There is no way to tell if they were lazy or so, but in Matsuri (PS2), Ouka looked exactly like Rika as well (except that Onigari no Ryuuou became a plain katana ).
Yes, Hanyuu is basically the matriarch and ancestor of the Furude. That said, it seems that the generations didn't always turn into several consecutive girls, hence why Hanyuu had to wait thousand years for that.

Quote:
But sorry for bringing that up again, but then why does Hanyuu has her horn, if she's an ordinary human. She is horned (not horny lol ) throughout the flashback in the desert (see pic).
I've always thought she is basically a different species altogether, but if she's a distant relative to even Rika, that proves she can even mix up with humans then. How come she has horns? (obligatory: I'd do her horn, if you know what I mean)
No actually, Hanyuu really had the horns (malformations or supernatural stuff, hard to say) and she was considered as a demon god as result. Contemplating how humans were absolutely sinful, she went in distraught and decided to take all the sins.

This is also the reason why several veterans like Rias and me noted Hanyuu's chipped horn: this detail is by no mean "small", since it was Ouka who did that.

Quote:
That stuff with the various Bernkastels are mighty confusing :/ . What exactly happens in the hospital-scene here then? I can't make heads and tails out of that even if I try to think that there are 3 "Rikas"... Did I guessed it correctly in one of the previous examples or it's something completely else?
No, I cannot consider that as correct.

Frederica is basically the "collective consciousness" of all Rika who died and got their memories "stacked" after all the tragedies and tortures. However, at some point, Rika "became" Frederica after turning into a "being" totally different from the Human, Furude Rika: that the concept of death is not "unique" but multiple etc.

Gazing at the Kakera, Frederica became jaded and cynical which also "disconnected" her worries regarding one's death at some point, since "she has a reset button" even though she doesn't have much hope to begin with. This is where she considered herself like a "witch", as she is by no mean human, and "jack in" Furude Rika when she is transported in a new Kakera.
The one who says "I will stop this witch stuff" IS Frederica, or "all Rika" who wished not to abandon to their fate and fight on for the successful kakera. After what Rena said, Frederica realized that she almost tried to act like a god, abusing her powers and bothering "comparing" results while it isn't her job to do so: her job is to actually live to her fullest as human.

Therefore, since she is finally back to this world, she can stop considering herself like a god or a witch, thus this comment.

*cough* I should really make a long series of Higurashi Rei articles, but so little time for all of this, while Umineko is impendingly approaching... Dunno if it WILL worth the time.