View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 00:04   Link #697
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Meanwhile, I have no major problem with Inoue art, and it is more consistent than before (except maybe most of Chihaya's sprites), but while reading Chihaya's route, I felt that route (and probably the other ones) needed much more CG to describe the events exposed by Kotarou. In a way, the narration wasn't really complimented that much, due to the very scarce number of CG, leaving some sort of weird impressions (the very last portion of the route with Philosophyz playing is the most evident issue).
Oh of course. I haven't played Rewrite yet (and I won't in a while due to not knowing Japanese), but one pet peeve I've always had with Key's VNs is that they are always skimpy on event CGs. There were so many moments I've read in their VNs that I felt could have been expressed visually: for example Tomoya and Mei's 'date' in Clannad, or Yumemi tripping and falling in Planetarian, not to mention all the great dramatic moments that failed to be illustrated.

I think it's best said that Key should be appreciated for their writing and their music, not their art.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote