View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 23:40   Link #71
Top Gear Tony
The Prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You'll be surprised how many of them are actually women- Harem series like Sekirei, Ichigo 100%, and lesser known Girls Bravo were written by women.

Writers don't automatically project themselves into the main character they try to write, you're discriminating writers base on the story they write and the characters they use.

That's like saying everyone that watches Anime are otakus- a shut-in and delusional.
Whoa, never would I insult one of my own past times, well not intentionality anyway. I am aware that alot of manga/anime is written by females, even the amazing Full Metal Alchemist is written by a woman, if I'm not mistaken. (And If I am I'll look like a bit of a wally) And I'm an Anime fan and I'm far from a shut in...... it just rains alot in Wales that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Or maybe you went into Alan Wake thinking/knowing that you'll be playing Alan Wake and not his wife because the synopsis at the back of the game box tells you so as well as dozen of articles.

Likewise the synopsis of this series tells you that the lead character and pov would be Kinji's not Aria. I highly doubt you would go into the series completely blind.
That was just an example but I see your point, and yes the synopsis dose say that but the amount of people who buy and watch sorely on impulse and who don't read these things. Even more miss leading is when the title character graces the cover art too but that's kinda treading old ground. Alot of these series don't do that nor dose the synopsis say anything about any male lead.

As an example I am holding and reading the back of my Corpse Princess DVD (Or Shikabane Hime) On the back of the case it says nothing of the guy who's pov's the story, nether dose the cover nor back art hint to it much if at all, all I see is a pissed off looking chick with a gun in hand with some faces in the background. But if you pop that sucker into the DVD player..... low and behold it's mostly about some teen guy.

I see where your coming from I really do but I'm just really annoying about going into something expecting one thing only to get smacked in the face by the same song and dance I've seen so many other times.

But still I'm starting to tread ground on things I've already said and I'm tired. I have nothing against the medium it's self and I'm an avid manga collector I just wish the majority of writer's would approach these things a little more open minded instead of; cute girl on front and BAM! Boy's pov. Seriously leave some innovation for the for the rest of us Da Vinci.

Last edited by Top Gear Tony; 2011-07-09 at 07:45.