Thread: Licensed Last Exile Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-13, 01:21   Link #14
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I've finally gotten around to watching Last Exile (man the OP just kicks **!!) and I've got some questions.

1. What kind of engine does the Vanship's have? Is it a pulse jet, or something else? 2. How do the vanships and the other vessles float?
3. Am I seeing things or do they rely on steam a lot? Am I to assume that they don't have gunpowder in their world and therefore rely on steam as an accelorant for their weapons?
4. WTH is that star shaped android ship?
5. What is the relationship between Clause and Ravey? Are they siblings? Partners? Dating each other? Or something else? (btw, Ravey is Cute. )
I'm not saying I'm the most knowledgeable person to answer your questions so if others could point out the mistakes, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.....

1. Its something that uses a technology not of our world... that's for sure.... Even their fuel is not something that exists.... which also answers question no. 2.

3. I don't think its steam but their fuel does rely on water alot....

4. The star shaped ship comes from the 'guild' of which they are aliens who probably came to earth to rule over the humans ..... (if this is earth) and from there they gave part of their ship technology to the humans which explains why their fuel and the way the vanship floats is hard to explain in real terms..... its not exactly an android ship but more like a mini mecha that's in the shape of a star so its still operated from the inside by one of the guild people....

5. Clause and Lavi are both kids of two best friends........ as in both clause and lavi's fathers were vanship pilots with Lavi's father being the navigator.... they both were very close and lived together since Lavi did not have a mom (whether she died or something I can't remember).

So both Clause and Lavi grew up together and were like siblings until they were older and I think in the animation there was some indication that they did sort of like each other..... but at the end it was understood that they managed to lie happily ever after together whether married or not I have no idea.... they're just together

Hope this helps
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote