Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 07:52   Link #159
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I don't know. It is suppose to be a remake of the first series. All 26 episodes.

It will be different in places, but the story "should" be the same. There shouldn't be a place to get lost if they more or less follow the story. The people making this are fans of the old show and people that worked on the later parts of the show when they were new to the business. (or children of people that worked on the show).

That said, you can watch the original 26 episodes if you want to. I'm pretty sure the episodes can be found one way or other. It is suppose to be the classic space opera of the 1970s. At the rate the OVAs are likely to come out, you will have time.

The main obvious difference is that there are more women in the cast now than before. I have no idea how that will play out or if it will change anything at all.

(...There are only 8 days left...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Although he was originally attached to direct several years ago, Anno only storyboarded the Opening Credits sequence — updating the original that and fellow Yamato fans love — and it was finished by Yutaka Izubuchi. At this time, it is unknown if Anno is going to further contribute to this series.

Not at all; it's being expressly made to bring new fans into the fold, but with the old fans also kept in the forefront. If you haven't seen any of it before, just watch this new version, so there will be no major story arc spoilers ruined.
Ok sounds good. I'll go ahead and watch the new one and when i get time i'll go back and watch the original.