View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 23:20   Link #47
gl0w_
*Fansubber

Ok yes im glad this was brought up. I put this particular change first because it definitely affects the game the most out of all the changes. But i would argue that this is not necessarily negative.

First off you need to understand that damage didn't always use the stack. Back during tempest and 6th ed, damage was assigned more similarly to how it is now. Now when we look specifically at Mogg fanatic which was printed in tempest, before the rules were changed for the first time, the way that it was being played was not necessarily the way it was meant to be played. Now this isnt to say anything against mogg fanatic, it was an amazing card and definitely one of my favorites but probably more powerful than it was originally intended.

Now we can look at other things that were printed after this initial rules change such as the baloth and the tokens that you mentioned which clearly were intended to be used on the stack. Well... unfortunately they just get weaker. I cant really talk around this one because that's just a fact. Definitely the biggest negative with this change(mostly cause baloth was AMAZING =) ).

Flavor is another thing to take into consideration. Now im not the biggest zealot of magic lore or w/e but i think that a creature throwing a punch, then killing himself with some ability to do more damage and having the punch still land, doesn't really fit with the whole flavor of the game. Although i wont argue this as much as others i've seen because its not as much what i care about.

I feel like i should also say that im not trying to be an ass or tell anyone they are wrong, i probably argued against the changes far harder than anyone here. I was in an angry rage for around 2 weeks when they were announced. But while this is a huge change its not necessarily bad.(also i gotta promote my favorite game =D)
gl0w_ is offline   Reply With Quote