View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 09:31   Link #268
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler for Kyon talk with a bit of Vol 9:
Okay, fair enough. So let's reverse my theory; Haruhi isn't unique, as is proven by the existence of Sasaki. Which would mean that in this world, there is more than one "source of power", and Haruhi and Sasaki are just two of them. However, Kyon is the "focus lens" that allows that power to manifest itself in this world, by altering reality.

How does this one sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
On a completely unrelated note, I'm kinda surprised at just how many people on this forum read Jason's AoMM blog...
I'll have to admit, I only started reading anime blogs when I was following Kanon. Even so though, AoMM stood out for me for its particular brand of humor; it's witty and hilarious, does great parodies like there's no tomorrow, and yet Jason knows how to NOT take himself too seriously. I really like that kind of humor when it's done right, and Jason does it right, 'nuff said.

Which is a heck of a lot more than I can say for certain other blogs, Karura's Azure Flame being a prime example; she also does parodies, but her cynicism just shows through everything she tried to write, and she tries too hard to take herself seriously. And it only makes for tasteless, even vulgar content in the end. Heck, I only frequented it until recently because it's the only anime blog in the anime blogosphere that DanielSong39 frequents, and as some of us here know that DanielSong39 is on my 'stalker' list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtflux View Post
kyon being some sort of key to power doesn't seem out of the question.

after all, at the very beginning of the series, after he first talked to haruhi, he said "this would be the trigger," right? although presumably, the real trigger was three years ago, we can't know what he really meant, or even if he considers the events three years ago to have happened 'before' that, if you know what i mean(although im sure he does).

i have a different theory though. the symbol haruhi had painted on the ground seems like it can be read by the IDSE and other information-related entities. it seems probable to me that what gives haruhi her powers is actually a special information-virus-thing like the one encountered in Wandering Shadow, which may have seen the symbol on Earth, answered her call by coming and attaching itself to whatever wrote it(or maybe it was simply drawn to the sign). This 'spirit' would be the source of her power. This could also explain the fact that her powers can be transferred. This may be a pretty wild theory to some of you, but hey, it explains the connection between the symbol and the fact that her powers are transferable and I don't see anything that prohibits its truth. The fact that Yuki took her powers also gives support to the theory, I think, since she's demonstrated in Wandering Shadow that she can transfer the 'spirits' from one thing to another.

vol9 ending spoiler
Spoiler:
Hmmm, I also see what you mean. And I think we can mesh both our theories together; maybe this 'spirit' is drawn to Earth by Haruhi, but then actively seeks a 'source of power' or a 'focus lens', depending on which theory you place your bets on......and it happens to be Kyon?

Don't know if I'm making sense here, but I tried my best.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote