View Single Post
Old 2011-10-07, 10:33   Link #6348
Casshern

Tbh I love all the arc endings so far. A few stand out as my favs, such as the phantom arc with Makarov's epic roflstomp over Jose, the Tower of Heaven with Erza's ceremonial farewell, the Oracion Seis arc with the disbanding of Caitshelter, and the Laxus arc with the FT parade in the end. Probably my favorite arc so far was the latest one; awesome fights, mega-powerful wizards, lost magics, Zeref, Acnologia and especially Gildarts, Hades and Makarov going all out. I wasn't too fond of the Edolas ending, or even the entire arc for that matter. The villains didn't appeal to me, I thought the dragon-mecha was kind of lame, and Natsu's "ceremonial" farewell paled compared to Erza's; but it did have the funniest climax with Natsu becoming Dragneel daimao.

I think some people's expectations for this series are somewhat unreasonable. Everything about this manga, from the characters, the themes and fights, is uber-generic. If you're not reading it for the cheese then I'm not sure what you're reading it for.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote