View Single Post
Old 2012-08-16, 15:47   Link #30045
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
And even if EP5 seems to imply that Natsuhi was responsible it's literally impossible for Yasu to know even with moderate certainty that she really did. What we've seen can't be anything but a mere conjecture.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that a person believes another responsible for a crime and then it turns out he was wrong.
Ange is firmly sure it was Eva who killed her family when not even the police could prove Eva was the culprit.
We don't know which circumstancial evidence Yasu had that pushed her to believe Natsuhi was responsible in Ep 5 that's why it can't be dismissed as foolish to assume she believed Natsuhi was the culprit. If it were disclosed then we could say if it's a poor or a good evalutation of the facts but so far Umineko doesn't bother with it.

For all we know Yasu might have had suspicions, might have used her key to intrude in Natsuhi's room and checked on her past diaries. Then she took the diary containing that information away. If Natsuhi kept 1 diary per year, it leaves enough diaries to be found by Erika and if Natsuhi doesn't check if they're all there she might have not noticed the diary of 19 years ago disappeared.

Anyway Yasu believes her to be the culprit and so she uses this fact when she makes some scary phonecalls in EP 5.
The interesting part is that with her behaviour Natsuhi likely enforced that belief.

Quote:
And even if EP5 seems to imply that Natsuhi was responsible it's literally impossible for Yasu to know even with moderate certainty that she really did. What we've seen can't be anything but a mere conjecture. Besides, Ep5 wasn't even written by Yasu so it's anyone's guess whose conjecture that was.
We're talking of PieceYasu here, who's not the writer but the culprit in all the games. The idea is that all the episodes are making up the crimes but not the characterization of the pieces, otherwise we should start questioning all the episodes for characterization mistakes as we aren't even sure that EP 2 was the other message in the bottle left by Yasu.

Quote:
Well I'm with you on that one but look at the facts. Ryuukishi is telling us that her motive was "love". If you're trying to explain things with reasons for her to actually wanting those people dead you're clearly going in the wrong direction. The motive would turn into resentment or even vengeance which was outright stated to be not her reason.
Even love can be 'rationalized'. We know there are things a normal people would do for love and others that... crosses the boundaries of sanity but that can still follow a somewhat logic reasoning.
PieceYasu's actions however doesn't make sense whatsoever.

It's possible they would make more sense if we were allowed to dwell more into her line of thoughts but Umineko doesn't really give us the chance to do so.

Each time I try to find a way to sort out her reasons I slam into a 'this is crossing boundaries too much'.

Quote:
My conclusion is that Ryuukishi tried to do the same for Yasu and failed. He never said before that people "don't understand".
Well, with Yasu he really went over the top and explained her rather poorly.

Quote:
See? He's outright stating that you're expecting something dramatic to explain Yasu's madness, when love alone (and the six years of waiting) should be enough for you to understand. And you know, he's right, right now all the other examples you've made were decidedly highly dramatic events.
If he wants me to believe that Yasu's love for Battler turned her into this... well he should make a better job at explaining it.

In <b>Mirai Nikki</b> there's another murdering girl who kills for love but her drama and her reasons are explained clearly at the end. Sure, she's mad but you can sympathize with her because you can understand what drove her up the wall, what twisted her mind so that she thought what she was doing was 'right'.

PieceYasu on the other side... it's way harder for plenty of reasons that I've already listed more than once.

I really prefer to think that the one moved by love was PrimeYasu who merely wrote the tales and possibly organized a mystery game... because this is in the boundaries of what one can do for love.

What PieceYasu did instead... it's beyond me.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote