View Single Post
Old 2008-11-01, 13:34   Link #13
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another highly enjoyable episode. They ran through the harem bit in short order. Used an unexpected variation on the cooking competition to do it. Nothing dragged out, just held for the right amount of time. Nagi goes from nobody to idol so quickly, and obstacles are just sketched quickly, then swept aside. Nice.

I actually liked Zange better in this episode, perhaps because her power was not absolute. That shift was neatly done. It was great to see Nagi get a power-up from the students' adulation so quickly.

Two small screenies with rough translation (click to enlarge):

"From: Yamakan. Thanks to Nagi-sama I have reached the level to be a director. Please help me complete the remaining episodes of Nagi-sama without being replaced." [This is all a reference to his having been fired as director of Lucky Star after four episodes. The statement from KyoAni when they fired him contained the words "has not reached the level to be a director."]

"Takenashi Eri: ♀ Height: OOO. Three sizes: ??? Likes: Eggplant. Interests: raising morning glories." [She is the mangaka, and the purple figure is her personal symbol.]

I think I hear what serenade_beta is referring to as Hanazawa Kana's slight "wooden reading" (or however it's best to translate 棒読み), but I don't want to describe it that way. I think that her voice is not as extremely mobile as Tomatsu's, so the contrast makes it stand out, but it did have good inflection anyway, just not as extreme as Tomatsu's. But it's true that this is a very different voice for Hanazawa. It's a stretch for her to match the wide swings of Tomatsu, and she is probably still feeling her way with it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-01 at 13:52.