View Single Post
Old 2011-09-01, 19:49   Link #125
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Wow. Whaaaa...?

Just a kiss and no hot-butt-monkey-romp-fest?

Seriously though, this episode was directed and executed pretty well. Everything was just spot on perfect 9/10.

My only gripe with Steins Gate at this point (with only 2 episodes left) is that its visual novel roots really shows. It just feels that given the time-travel theme, a lot of it's potential has been limited. Most of the important stuff like SERN takeover, WWIII, Feyris's dad's death, Suzuha's fuck up happens off-screen. These are big events that the show can really make a lasting impression if it was actually shown.

Instead, every episode is basically a daily life routine where we see the characters at the lab. I realize that this is because there aren't many liberties that the producers can take since it's source is a VN. However, the end product just seems too different from what I expected.

Regardless, this show shines best at letting the characters grow on you. It might not be the next Gurren Lagann, but it's still light-years ahead of Naruto for me. The show actually makes me want to see happens next.

Waiting for the next episodes.