View Single Post
Old 2007-10-20, 14:06   Link #27
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
People who don't download fansubs and don't import and aren't hardcore fans generally don't know anything about Seed, while they would know Wing if they were part of the Gundam craze back in the late 90's.
In your previous post, you stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
And I specifically referred to overseas anime fans... Wing has been the most mainstream out of the Gundams
The keyword here is 'overseas' It said nothing of the 'WEST' or more specifically, United States, as the term 'Overseas' is generally considered to be anywhere beyond Japanese territory. Besides, when CN first broadcast WING, not much 'anime' options were available to them then. Really, I find it difficult to point out to an anime that would receive general acceptance from US censors without some excessive editing. Fortunately for WING, it had little 'suggestive' situations and easily edited-out violence, thus earning it a popular spot with CN.

In contrast, GS was not so fortunate with the censor department. Besides, GS was moved to adult swim so that they could show them in their unedited glory.

On the other hand I simply reminded you of the fact that SEED had overwhelming popularity with oversea fans. A fact supported by market trends.

Moreover, do keep in mind, while the US had seen a growing reception towards anime, the US anime community is still in every way, shape and/or form, significantly smaller than many 'oversea' countries which had been stable markets for Japanese pop culture for decades.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote