View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 07:25   Link #21016
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
But maybe I just don't have love.
Well, this is my first time to post something in an Umineko thread. I think it's understandable if people got angry in the case no question is clearly answered. Well, R07 might expect me to think but I'm afraid I'm not so smart...and the story turns into a very chaotic route after episode 3. After finishing EP 7 I still have no idea what actually goes on. (Thinking back, after watching the four arc of Higurashi I had been able to conclude who is the mastermind...)And if that is the case, then the whole "love" thing is a big let down.

Anyways none of us has completed the story in English yet, and I still believe that the whole Yasu thing must have some significance in the event. If not, all we learn about Beatrice would be kind of pointless.

But whatever the ending would be, whatever Ryukishi would pull out at the end, being his reader for so long, I would still say that he's the kind of writer I like: He has ambition for his story. He could create a universe, and suck us inside it like water to sand. Whether he actually could do it or not, I will still respect him. And Umineko as a whole still shows his ability as a creative writer, and I believe that man would go further in the future.

At least I think that respect is my bit of love for him as a reader

Sorry for the bad English.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote